Going low carb does not have to mean giving up on delicious chocolate goodies. I have compiled my top 3 yummy low carb chocolate recipes to share with you. These will hit the spot when you are craving chocolate without adding a lot of unnecessary carbs and sugars to your diet. Remember to enjoy these goodies in moderation!
Cocoa Crunch Mix
Makes 40 snack-sized servings with just 3.4 net carbs per serving. Inspired by Danielle at DK Gets Fit.
- 1 Cup Seeds (Sunflower or Pumpkin – or a mix of both)
- 2 Cups Chopped, Sliced, or Slivered Nuts (Almonds are my favorite, but any nut or mix of several will work)
- 1 Cup Almond Meal (or Almond Flour)
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Coconut (Bits, Chips, or Shredded)
- 1/2 Cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 1/4 – 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-3 Tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- In one bowl, mix dry ingredients, and in a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients until the wet ingredients are fully incorporated in the mix.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Use a spatula to move the mixture around to help prevent burning.
- Bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and allow it to cool completely before breaking it apart into small pieces and storing in an airtight container.
Chocolate Almond Low Carb Shake (or popsicles)
The entire shake has only 5.3 net carbs. This treat is a variation of a smoothie from Primal Toad.
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup ice
- 1 Scoop Stevia or 4 Drops Liquid Stevia (Plain or the Chocolate flavor rocks!)
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened Almond Butter
- 1 Tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tbsp Avocado (Trust me on this! It makes the shake SO creamy.)
- Blend all ingredients together and drink! This is also delicious as a popsicle. Just pour into molds, freeze until hard, and enjoy.
Double Chocolate Cookies
This made about 20 small cookies for me, with only 3.2 net carbs each. Developed using the Chewy Chocolate Cookies recipe from Wellness Mama.
- 1 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Almond Butter
- 1/4 – 1/3 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2-3 Eggs (depending on their size)
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 – 1/4 Cup High Quality Chocolate Chips or Chunks (I prefer 62% Cocoa or above as it contains less sugar)
- A Few Drops of Liquid Stevia (optional, to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix ALL ingredients together in a medium sized bowl using either a mixer or a spoon.
- Shape dough into small cookies and place them on a cookie sheet. Note that these cookies will not spread or rise, so shape them and flatten before baking.
- Bake for 9-14 minutes. These will get drier once you take them out and as they cool, so do not overbake them!
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on the cookie sheet for about 5 minutes before moving them.
Living a low carb lifestyle doesn’t mean you have to give up your favorite treats, like chocolate. Whether you want something crunchy, creamy, or chewy, I’ve got you covered. Give them a whirl and tell me what you think!